Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Brave.


Despite my better judgment, I fear failure.  I know that faith should help me transcend my fear, but in the back of my mind I keep saying, "You know, I don't know what the heck I am doing!  Can anyone else tell?" (Come on, you know you have thought that too.  Fess up.)  I am a 20-something year-old woman with grandiose plans to open a catering business, grow that business and take over the world (the last part is a bit of a stretch, but only a little).  Without my 100% faith in God and the path that He has put me on, I would be...well... screwed.  Thank goodness that God encourages me on a daily basis by continuously blessing me.  Many of you reading may be in your own world domination battles and might be feeling a bit overwhelmed, as I was.  While my blog is mostly about food and all things surrounding it, I also want to encourage my fellow Superwomen (and Supermen) with Pinky and the Brain ambitions.  (Sidenote: If you have all the encouragement you need, but want some great food ideas, check out the recipe tab of my blog).

I am stepping out of fear and into bravery by simply opening my eyes and looking around me.  I am looking at where I have been, where I am and where I am going.  A few things I have noticed...

My actions are producing fruit.  Since God means all things for our good, even difficult situations you find yourself in during your quest for victory will end up aiding you.  When you are on the path that God means for you to be on, you will notice that your work pays off.  I started with 0: $0, 0 resources, 0 ideas and 0 clear purpose.  Now, after a very short time, I am on a path and am not stopping!  Especially through prayer, components and resources will come together and you will start producing results, or fruits, that are encouraging.  I have been blessed with mentors, clients, resources, advice and support that have begun to elevate me and my business to newer levels.  While I still have a little ways to go before I am featured on the cover of Forbes or applauded on the Food Network, diligence and faith will get me there.  They will get you there too.

My eyes are leaps ahead of my hands.  To avoid becoming discouraged with any minor setbacks, I look forward and upward, past the current task at hand.  Try writing down your goals and referring to them on a continuous basis.  Not only will this keep you motivated, but it will help form new ideas for better ways to achieve your desired results.  As you walk the walk, God constantly informs you of which steps to take.  By keeping your path clearly in focus, you can stop walking and start running.  

I just keep swimming.  The first wild leap of faith into culinary was in some ways the easiest step.  It was like diving into a cold pool after sun bathing all day.  The pool is calling to you, but you aren't so sure about the whole water thing (if you are a black woman, you can really understand where I am coming from).  However, once you jump off the diving board, you can't go back, even if you wanted to.  You have to just let go and fall.  Now that I am in the water of my new profession, I have to use the full force of my faith to stay afloat.  In the enduring words of Dory from the Disney movie Finding Nemo, "...do you wanna know what you've gotta do?  Just keep swimming."  No matter the obstacles, just keep swimming.  One of my favorite gospel songs, "Stand" by Donnie McClurkin, reminds us that after we have done all we can, we should just stand and be sure that God's got a purpose and plan for our lives.  Whether you prefer to stand or swim, continue to partner with God to work towards your goals.  I have faith that you will be successful! 


        Stay blessed, keep swimming and take over the world TCP Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment