Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Catering.


The first of anything is usually a momentous occasion that incites celebration (if it is a good first, that is.  We aren't talking about your first broken arm or your first car crash.  Think positive people).  The first time I learned how to tie my shoe, I remember the high five my mom gave me and there were smiles all around.  The first time I brought home a bonafide paycheck, I placed the stub on my wall and strutted proudly around my room in the new shoes my short-lived earnings gained me.  My first kiss required an initial quizzical look followed by a big-toothed smile and three-way calls to my best friends.  Out of all the firsts in my life, the one currently reigning on the recent Proud Moment Throne is the first official event of my catering company, Culinary Princess Catering.

On Saturday, August 13, Culinary Princess Catering provided the food for my sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc, Eta Lambda Omega Chapter's Mentor-Mentee dinner.  Despite the nerves me and my Sous Chef, Veronica R (A.K.A. Ms. Fabulous) had, the event was a smash hit!  I cannot thank my Sorors enough for attending the event and for all of the loving support you continuously provide.  Not only did the ladies return for seconds and thirds, but many asked for to-go containers.  If that isn't a huge compliment for a chef, I don't know what is!

The menu included Bourguignon d'Agneau (Braised Lamb), Salmon with Mango Salsa and Sweet Honey Sauce, Rice Pilaf aux Champignons (Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms), Haricot Verts with Garlic and Bell Peppers (Green Beans), Plateau de Fromages (Cheese Plate), Spring Salad with Carrots, Apples and Strawberries in a Strawberry Mint Vinaigrette and an Oreo Cookie Cheesecake decorated with Pink Rose Petals and Chocolate Leaves.  Check out the slide show at the bottom of the post for pictures.

While the catering industry would be overjoyed if everyone used a caterer for each event they held, I realize that is not realistic.  So, out of the goodness of my heart, I will let you in on a few secrets to planning a stellar dinner party at your own home...

....in my next post :-)  Stay tuned for the Top 5 At-Home Catering Secrets you can use to throw a remarkable dinner party.  In the meantime, eat well, celebrate your "firsts" and stay blessed!




No comments:

Post a Comment